Travel insurance

Please note that the individual AU employee is responsible for ensuring that the employee is covered by a valid travel insurance at AU before engaging in business travel.

It is not a requirement to own or bring a physical card to be covered by AU’s travel insurance policy for Danish government employees at Europæiske. If you need to use the insurance during a trip abroad and you do not have the physical card, all the necessary information and contact information can be found at

If the traveller still wishes to bring a travel insurance card, it can be printed directly from Europæiske’s website. When initiating an insurance claim, confirmation from the head of department/school, deputy director, etc. must be included, and it is therefore not possible for unauthorised persons to create unjustified claims by using the print-it-yourself solution.