The Occupational Health and Safety Committee (LAMU) at MBG has made the below policy for the use of gloves and lab coats at the department.
- White lab coats marked with a yellow ”Biohazard” badge or green and yellow lab coats must be worn in all GMO classified labs
- White lab coats with the yellow ”Biohazard” badge and yellow lab coats may also be worn in the staircases, the hallways and in the garbage room
- White lab coats (without the Biohazard badge) must be worn in all other labs. White lab coats may also be worn in the staircases, the hallways and in the garbage room
- It is not allowed to wear lab coats in offices, restrooms, meeting rooms and the canteen
- Gloves are only allowed in labs
- If carrying GMO material from one location to another using the lift or the stair cases, you are allowed to wear a glove on one hand!
- Please do not touch door handles, buttons or handrail when wearing a glove. Please use the blue baskets or a trolley desk for transportation